Assist and perform the necessary tasks to setup various manufacturing equipment in a pharmaceutical facility while adhering to all applicable FDA and Company standards and procedures.
- LEVEL I -
- Sets up packaging machinery (with human/machine interfaces) including bottle unscramblers/cleaners, fillers, cappers, labelers, cartoners, bundler/shrink wrappers.
- Operates packaging equipment (for set-up and maintenance procedures).
- Completes general maintenance of packaging equipment.
- LEVEL II -
- Performs all level I functions.
- Troubleshoots packaging machinery (basic electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical).
- Performs quality repairs to packaging equipment; Performs tests to determine packaging machinery settings and product fill parameters.
- LEVEL III -
- Performs all Level II functions.
- Assists management with the identification and recommendation of new and used packaging machinery.
- Trains level I and II setup technicians.
- Writes, reviews and revises SOPs, setup charts, forms and other departmental documentation.
- Assists management with the design and testing of new packaging components.
- Assists Facilities Technicians with major repairs and preventative maintenance activities.
- Cleans packaging area around equipment (general housekeeping as needed).
- Operates material handling equipment including tank movers, pallet jacks and lift trucks (both manual and self propelled).
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
LEVEL I: 0-2 years experience. Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with peers and management. Basic mechanical skills (able to use hand and small power tools for packaging equipment set-up). Basic reading comprehension and math skills. Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
LEVEL II: 2 plus years experience. Level I knowledge, skills and abilities also basic knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical systems for troubleshooting packaging equipment.
LEVEL III: 5 plus years experience. Level II knowledge, skills, and abilities. Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MP2.
ALL LEVELS: Required to lift 55 lbs vertically along with push and pull requirements of 50 lbs force (rolling loads).
High School diploma or equivalent.
EO Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled