- Review pre-final contract drawings and specifications for constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions.
- Participate in pre-award contract meetings and constructability reviews.
- Coordinate post-award contract meetings, such as post-award kickoff meetings, preconstruction conferences, partnering meetings, design review meetings.
- Review contractor submittals, coordinate review and recommend approval or rejection of technical “Government-approved” submittals.
- Visit construction sites to monitor progress and solicit input from the Engineering Technician/Quality Assurance (ET/QA) representatives, review CQC reports and attend QC meetings.
- Recommend necessary action to assure contractor’s QC program is provided in accordance with the contract requirements and that three phases of quality control are being utilized.
- Provide technical solutions to unforeseen problems during construction.
- Provide project status updates to senior Government personnel within the field office.
- Coordinate property record inventory documents, DD1354 Transfer and Acceptance of Military Real Property and Disposal of DoN Real Property.
- Complete required items to assist in effectively closing out a contract.
- Support or coordinate the preparation of an independent government estimate (IGE).
- Reviewing and recommending approval of contractors' schedules of values.
- Review and provide comment, for technical accuracy, statements of work and requests for proposals or quotations.
- Document and monitor the contractor’s technical compliance and progress relative to assigned contracts/orders.
- Notify the Contracting Officer immediately of any significant event or deficiency associated with contract/order performance.
- Maintain a file to support the completion of requirements under FAR 1.604 and DFARS PGI 201.602-2(v).
- Review Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and ensure these are discussed by the construction contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform the work in accordance with the three phases of QC.
- Degree in either construction management or engineering technology or any engineering field.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Construction Manager, Project Manager, Field Engineer or Quality Control Manager (QCM) on commercial/industrial type facilities.
- Must be able to pass FBI fingerprinting for a NACI.
- Review contractor drawings and specifications for constructability
- Assist with preparation of Govt cost estimates
- Serve as liaison between contractor and Govt officials.
What We Offer:
- Generous Vacation and Health benefit package
- 401k matching program
- Long and Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.