Home every day - paid by the mile.
Class A CDL Driver Primary Responsibilities
- Drives truck and/or tractor trailer combination for pick-up and delivery of materials.
- Adheres to all DOT, AMP and safety regulations. Uses appropriate equipment for each type of movement. Maintains accurate records, logs and ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
- Performs pre-operation safety checklist prior to operation of equipment and post-operation once operation is complete. Request and/or performs needed maintenance as required. Responsible for refueling and preparation of equipment, checks fluid levels, cleans equipment externally and internally, replace bulbs and provides other general maintenance. Detects and eliminates or minimizes safety hazards.
- Responsible for verifying products labels and shipping documents prior to departure for deliver and with customer. Have customer sign shipping documents. Reports and discrepancies to manager.
- May be required to perform or assist with loading, unloading, and stack finished products and/or materials by hand and/or by raising and lowering lifting devices to meet customer requirements.
- Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Class A CDL Driver Experience
- Minimum of 1 year driving experience.
- Must have a clean driving and safety record working within DOT rules and regulations
- Must sign required releases annually to allow AMP to perform driving records check.
- Must have previous experience delivering to customer locations.
Class A CDL Drive Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be fluent in English language; including reading, writing and verbal.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to use simple math and use basic hand-help measuring tools.
Class A CDL Driver Education, Licenses & Certifications
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a current Class A CDL and medical card.