Full and Part Time Positions Available, must be available to work rotating weekends and holidays
Provide assigned residents/clients with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s/client’s assessment and care plan, and as directed by supervision. Ensure compliance and policies/standards are upheld.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review care plan daily. Observe and report all changes in the residents/clients’ conditions to the Nurse Supervisor as soon as practical.
- Make residents/clients comfortable.
- Assist with transporting residents/clients, as necessary. Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care plan and/or standards.
- Assist residents/clients with daily dental / mouth, eye/ear care, toileting / bathing, dressing/undressing and other hygiene or daily activity functions according to care plan. Keep residents/clients dry. Change dressings, bandages, binders, bedding etc., as instructed.
- Maintain intake and output records as instructed. Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc.
- Collect specimens; prepare/give enemas report results.
- Assist residents/clients in preparing for medical tests, social activities.
- Weigh and measure residents/clients as instructed. Measure and record temperatures, pulse and respirations, as instructed.
- Answer resident/client calls promptly. Check residents/clients frequently.
- Assist with care of dying resident/client and provide post-mortem care, as instructed.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures, as instructed.
- Follow work assignments, and/or schedules.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm, safe environment throughout the shift.
- Assist with housekeeping, meal serving and ensure room comfort.
- Assist in educating and modeling the practices of the Burcham Hills culture pillars.
- Maintain an effective, friendly working relationship with health professionals, physicians, consultants, and family members.
- Willingness to handle difficult residents/clients.