**A Northwest Michigan Works! and Charlevoix/Emmet Intermediate School District Partnership**
Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking to hire a professional JMG Specialist that will work at Central Lake and East Jordan schools. Your role will entail interacting, coaching, and mentoring a diverse population of high school students. You will be helping students overcome multiple barriers on their way to graduating high school and becoming productive individuals.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and creative professional. Making a difference in our student's lives and in our community will be your reward.
JMG's mission is to equip young people to overcome barriers and win at education, employment and as citizens. We envision a world where every young person is educated, employed and career bound.
If that mission excites you and you want to make a difference in young people's lives, we have a full time opportunity for you! As staff of Northwest Michigan Works! your role will be to work in school settings to provide employment readiness for those students enrolled in the Jobs for Michigan's Graduates program. You will be part of the Char/Em Intermediate School District team and visit Central Lake and East Jordan schools to provide important services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide classroom instruction for employability skills and leadership development
- Organize college and talent tours
- Attend leadership events with students in the Char-Em area as well as Lansing
- Assist students with in-depth career assessment and work readiness activities
- Facilitate community service projects with students
- Liaison between Northwest Michigan Works! and Char/Em Intermediate School District
- Working knowledge of Career Technical Education
- Assist students in developing post-secondary education plans and career pathways
- Develop and coordinate youth Employment opportunities
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Social Work or related field preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Database entry and case management experience
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor in a positive manner
- Must be capable of developing and maintaining relationships with partner educators, local businesses, and all other applicable partners.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles
This is a full time salaried position paying $42,436 per year. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.