A company that is a national leader in the manufacturing of various consumer products is currently seeking an Industrial Designer for its facility in the metro Detroit area. The Industrial Designer will be an important part of a highly regarded design team and support new ideas for products that the company manufactures. The Industrial Designer will be treated to a great salary, strong benefits, and the opportunity to work with one of the most innovative and creative companies in Michigan.
The Industrial Designer will work in a cross-functional team in order to design and innovate products. He or she will need to utilize CAD in order to do so. The Industrial Designer takes a leading role in in designing the products based on industry standards and consumer demand. This position will be reporting to the Industrial Design Manager, as well as the Senior Industrial Designer and the Director of Product Development.
Industrial Designer Job Opening
- The Industrial Designer is primarily responsible for creatively designing and innovating new products that the company manufactures.
- The role must research new products and new category opportunities for the company.
- The position must work with other departments in order to best design new products, including sales, marketing, and product development.
- The Industrial Designer will need to have a leading role in product brainstorming, researching, and discussions about different products.
- The role will need to sketch products in both 2D and 3D.
- The position must use various equipment in order to design products.
- The Industrial Designer must work with engineering teams in order engineer various products and projects.
- The role must be able to go to design shows and promote new designs.
- Minimal travel is required for this position, occasionally out to product and trade shows.
- The position will fulfill other duties as assigned.
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design is required for this position.
- At least 5 years of experience in product design.
- The initiative and gumption to work autonomously.
- Problem-solving skills.
- A strong proficiency in 2D and 3D software like AutoCAD.
- Adept skill with sketching.
- Ability to present in front of a large audience.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team is a big plus for this position.