• Attend all required training to enhance skills and meet Agency guidelines and as required by the State of MI, COA, and other agencies governing the operation of the Agency.
• Develop Performance Goals and Expectations with immediate supervisor annually.
• Participate in required supervision, agency meetings and other specialized meetings based upon this position.
• Collaborate and maintain professional standards at all times while conducting agency business.
• Support the values of the family, The Children’s Center Mission and the commitment to the ongoing safety and family stability.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Obtain vital signs from clients.
• Obtain physical health screenings from clients.
• Perform phlebotomy on clients with blood chemistry orders from TCC psychiatrists.
• Follow up on laboratory test results as requested by psychiatrists.
• Scan laboratory test results into MISTICC.
• Call in bridge prescriptions to pharmacy with psychiatrist's approval.
• Obtain prior authorizations for psychotropic medications prescribed by TCC psychiatrist.
• Schedule clients for psychiatric evaluations and medication reviews.
• Allied health training in medical assisting from an accredited school.
• Must be certified by either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
• Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Must provide clearance that there is no record and/or convictions as a perpetrator of child abuse/and or neglect on the State of MI Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry.
• Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills related to windows navigation, Microsoft Office and general office equipment
• Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a clear driving record.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team
• Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of electronic medical records.
• Must be able to lift at least 10 lbs.