Project Manager – Commercial, Local, State, and Federal Government Projects/Contracts
Allied Building Service Company of Detroit is seeking to add an energetic entrepreneurial minded Project Manager (PM) to obtain and execute smaller scale commercial construction projects in a high paced environment. The PM will estimate, build proposals, and execute small projects. Value range of projects is predominately less than $250K. The project manager should be adept and will perform all aspects of projects from cradle to grave.
- Bid, proposal development and writing, project execution, cost management and invoicing customers
- Attend site visits, assemble teams, and obtain pricing from subcontractors and suppliers to prepare estimates
- Read prints & and complete accurate take-offs
- Draft subcontract agreements
- Contract and subcontract document processing and management
- Materials and equipment submittal processing
- Create project schedules
- Schedule subcontractors and in-house personnel as needed on projects
- Provide on-site direction to in-house trades personnel and subcontractors
- Maintain open and clear communication with customer(s), subcontractors and company personnel at all times
- Work to ensure customers are satisfied, and to expand opportunities with each customer
- Will require working from the office as well as traveling to job sites and other offsite work locations.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of commercial construction
- Must have strong people skills
- Must be proficient with computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook), and able to learn new software
- Willingness to grasp details/learn & ask questions
- Prior business and/or construction experience is desired but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree or related certification preferred but not required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have and maintain a reliable form of transportation, valid driver’s license, and clean record
- Must be willing to travel and work out of town if and when required. Current work radius is 250 miles
- Must maintain a positive attitude, desire to learn and grow, and work with others in a high paced environment
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401k
- Paid time off and holidays
Qualified candidates may E-mail their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.teamallied.com/job-openings
Equal Opportunity Employer
Allied Building Service and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability or Veteran status.