About This Position
The Crowne Plaza Lansing West is obsessed with making each guest stay incredible. Food and Beverage is what adds flavor to a stay! Guests love to enjoy delicious, freshly-prepared, and beautifully presented food. To deliver a great guest experience – a Food & Beverage Shift Leader/Trainer will lead successful shifts and serve food and beverages in a timely manner, helping guests to have memorable experience whenever and wherever they dine.
Benefits & Discounts Available to FULL-TIME Hotel Associates:
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Vacation time
• Vacation Enhancement
• Personal Day
• Paid Holidays
• Funeral/Bereavement Leave
• Pet Bereavement
• Footwear Reimbursement Policy
• $20,000 Life Insurance Policy
• Holiday Bonus
• Sick time
• Travel Benefits at IHG® Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
• Friends and Family Rate at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West
• 20% Discount in Bordeaux Restaurant
• Retirement Plan with company match
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Passionate about people and customer service
• Serve guests and deliver superior service to maximize guest satisfaction.
• Supervise and train Bordeaux and Banquet associates to Brand Standards.
• Clean and maintain workspace including tables, walls, windows, floors, and in-room dining carts as necessary.
• Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Knowledge of table service standards and appropriate table settings and service ware, as well as knowledge of all menu items and methods of preparation.
• Ability to comply with local laws regarding food handling or serving of alcohol, including the ability to take and pass the ServSafe Alcohol Safety class and exam.
• Monitor guest behavior and alcohol consumption.
• Knowledge of P.O.S. systems and 3rd party applications and the ability to use them effectively and efficiently.
• Strong communication skills essential when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and manager.
• Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
• Strong Problem-solving and reasoning skills.
• Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 º F) and kitchens (+110 º F), possibly for one hour or
• Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis; push/pull cars or equipment weighing up to 250 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length and in limited space areas. Must be able to maneuvre between tables.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
Qualifications and requirements
A high school or equivalent education is preferred. Minimum of six months of prior food service experience is preferred. Must be at the minimum age to serve alcohol in line with any local legislative requirements.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
E.E.O: We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are a drug free workplace. Background checks are done on all positions.