The Controls Engineer supports the Controls Team to provide timely, accurate, technical data and assistance activities to manufacturing with a focus on cost reduction, safety and process improvement. The Controls Engineer shall have and demonstrate skills in programming, troubleshooting, project management, scope definition, data collection / analysis, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for the manufacturing industry. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide controls project management within the controls department across FFNA
- Provide technical controls engineering support for compound manufacturing lines and equipment.
- Identify and implement process optimization opportunities focusing on: Safety, Quality, Design, Consistency, Efficiency, and Productivity.
- Develop Electrical prints for panel build efforts
- Map I/O and program PLC’s, Robots to department standards
- Work within a fast paced, team environment, handling multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Provide technical controls support and troubleshooting to our manufacturing departments
- Review and update manufacturing specifications as required.
- Investigate causes of non-conformance and develop/implement corrective actions.
- Interact with customers to understand their requirements and resolve issues.
- Participate as a resource for other individuals and groups in the organization.
- Must be willing to work a varied work schedule and off hours to facilitate operational issues.
- Must be able to travel as required for training, meetings and customer/supplier visits.
- Identifies the technologies to be used for new applications, and extensions of current architectures.
- Demonstrated, advanced programming skills and knowledge of machine control. Industrial Controls degree or certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in industrial controls environment desired
- Self-starter with analytical and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of and appreciation for the various personalities in a manufacturing environment along with the ability to work with all disciplines and levels within the organization.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Good listening skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley suite of controls software; RS Logix/Linx/View, Factory Talk, Connected Components Workbench, etc.
Working knowledge or capability to learn other supporting software; SQL, Cognex, Draft sight, Fanuc, Lin Mot, HTML, Softing, ZPL, Microsoft Visual, Banner, RCX, etc.