Department: Public Service Department (Permits/Admin./Engineering)
Pay range: $44.45/hour to $59.87/hour
Deadline date: Open until filled
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads the Engineering Division, under the direction of the Deputy Director of Public Service, overseeing all aspects of the
• Analyzes the design and construction needs of the City’s street, bridge, sewer and transportation infrastructure and plans and implements projects and programs necessary to meet those needs.
• Oversees the preparation of plans specifications and bid documents for a wide range of infrastructure projects and approves all documents prior to bidding.
• Oversees engineering for infrastructure (roads, bridges), environment (sewers, landfill remediation) and transportation
(signals, sidewalks/paths) and right of way permitting (construction, SESC, sewer, special events).
• Supervises in-house staff and oversees engineering consultant contracts.
• Prepares and reviews technical reports.
• Participates in the selection of personnel, prepares performance appraisals and takes disciplinary actions.