Job title: Electrical/Controls Technician
Location: Hopkins, Michigan
Terms: Full Time
Salary/Benefits: Based on Qualifications & Experience / Health, Dental, 401k, Short
Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays and Profit Sharing.
Reports To: Production Manager
- The Controls Technician must have the ability to interpret blueprints and schematics; along with the ability to translate the drawings into properly laid out and functioning assemblies.
- The Controls Technician must have experience in the use of various electrical and manual tools in addition to experience in using measuring devices. These tools and devices include but are not limited to: grinders, saws, squares, calipers, welders, belt sanders, shears, forming brakes, pipe cutters and threaders, Acetylene and plasma torches, clamps, and various measuring devices.
- The Controls Technician must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs consistently, and work in various positions, for example: crouching, kneeling, lying down, and access/work in low (40") spaces.
- The Controls Technician must possess strong communication skills, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work within a team environment.
- The Controls Technician must possess mechanical aptitude and high attention to detail.
- The Controls Technician must have general computer knowledge.
About the Role:
SP Industries is dedicated to maintaining the highest level of service, product quality, and product design. We also remain committed to sincerely, professionally, and ethically serving the best interests of our customers. The Controls Technician will safely and efficiently assemble, build, install, test, and troubleshoot electrical and hydraulic components per electrical and hydraulic schematics. The tasks could include assembly/wiring of push-button boxes, wiring electric motors, and transformers, wiring/soldering relay & timer sockets, wiring/assembling circuit boards, installing hydraulic piping on equipment, building hydraulic hoses, and assembling hydraulic power units. The Controls Technician will follow all company rules and standard operating procedures.
- Safety - The Controls Technician will follow all established and future safety rules set forth by the company as they pertain to all SP Industries Facilities or specific positions. This includes the use of all PPE including but not limited to: welding hood, gloves, safety glasses, face shield, ear protection, and safety toe shoes.
- The Controls Technician will be trained and will adhere to lock out tag out (LOTO) procedures. All SP Industries, Inc. Employees must promote a culture of safety.
- Operating License - The Controls Technician must obtain and maintain a current forklift and overhead crane operator's license per MIOSHA Regulations.
- Material and Quality Verification - The Controls Technician will verify material accuracy and perform quality checks to ensure products meet schematic specifications.
- Material Movement - The Controls Technician is responsible for moving components, supplies, and whatever is necessary to support the department/company. These movements can utilize forklifts, cranes, various handcarts, and manual lifting.
- Equipment/Facilities Maintenance - The Controls Technician will be responsible for maintaining and reporting any issues with company equipment/facilities that might lead to safety or mechanical issues. This could include completing a daily forklift inspection and completing all necessary paperwork associated with the inspections.
- Paperwork - The Controls Technician will be responsible for accurately completing forklift inspection forms, job cards, and any other necessary forms daily, both longhand and via computer.
- Communication - The Controls Technician must be able to work in a cross functional environment, for example: work with other departments including Engineering to correct and improve blueprints and design, leading to more efficient processes and reducing downtime.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
SP Industries Inc. offers competitive wages with profit sharing and performance-based bonuses. SP will provide uniforms for this position. Health, Dental, Short-Term Disability Insurance, 401K, Health Savings Account, and continuous improvement/education/training opportunities are available along with paid vacation and 9 paid holidays.
About Us: custom waste and recycling material handling equipment out of Hopkins,
MI. We exist to manufacture the highest quality waste handling equipment, customized to surpass customer expectations, while serving with integrity to those we work for and work with. With growth in mind, we’re looking to expanding our SP family. SP Industries is located conveniently between Holland, Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo.
SP Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Your application will be considered without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, qualified veteran's status, disability, or any other categories or characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on SP Industries, Inc. Please inform the company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Job Type: Full-time