Are you great with kids? Do you have at least 60 college credits? Ever thought about Substitute Teaching?
ESS/willSub in partnership with Alpena-Montmorency-Alcona ESD including Alcona Community Schools, Alpena Public Schools, Atlanta Community Schools, and Hillman Community Schools has an immediate need for Substitute Teachers!
Are you ready to make an impact on education? Do you want to work for a company considered one of America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine?
A substitute teaching position with ESS may be the opportunity you’re looking for!
When a teacher is absent, a qualified substitute is needed to carry out the educational program. As a substitute teacher, you’ll become an integral part of a school’s educational team, amplifying your teaching expertise while maximizing the learning experience for students!
An ESS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
- Completion of at least 60 college/university credit hours (A copy of Official College Transcripts will be requested)
- FBI Criminal History Clearance
- A Michigan Substitute Teaching Permit (We will apply for one on your behalf; your cost is $45)
- You’ll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you’re not in a long-term role – you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message