POSITION: PREP COOK/ELDERLY NUTRITION WORKER
LOCATION: Ojibwa Senior Citizens Center
Baraga, MI 49908
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: Elderly Nutrition Director
Must have High School Diploma, GED, or Certificate of Completion.
- This qualification may be waived for individuals 62 years of age or older who meet the remainder of the qualifications listed below.
- This qualification may also be waived for KBIC members working toward obtaining their GED who meet the remainder of the qualifications listed below. (Applicants must obtain their GED within one year of hire and progress reports must be provided quarterly to the Department Director and Personnel Director).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Previous culinary/kitchen work experience required.
- Must be able to obtain Food Handlers certification and ServSafe certification within the time structure set forth by supervisor.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, pre-employment drug testing, pre-employment physical (including an initial TB skin test), and annual TB Skin testing.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to Veterans who do not have bad conduct or dishonorable discharges (need DD214).