U.P. Engineers & Architects (UPEA) seeks a Land Surveyor to join their team in Houghton, Michigan. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working outdoors, independently, and traveling in the region.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Perform topographic, boundary, hydrographic and construction layout.
- Use GPS Systems, Total Robotic Stations, and Data Collectors to assemble field data, perform survey calculations, set boundary corners and construction site layout.
- Prepare plats, maps, and recording drawings.
- Use CAD software.
- Work on a variety of interesting projects in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Northern Wisconsin.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $50,000 – $65,000+ annually based on your knowledge and experience.
- Performance bonuses.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Matched 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering required.
- Michigan Professional Surveyor’s License or ability to obtain Michigan Professional Surveyor’s License required.
- 4 or more years’ land surveying experience preferred.
- Experience with MDOT projects is a bonus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on job sites and document data.
- Proficiency with computers, CAD, and surveying industry technology required.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness/ability to travel (as needed based on projects/meetings) required.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at upea.hirescore.com
UPEA is an employee-owned company serving the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Northern Wisconsin. With offices in Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, and Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan as well as Marinette, Wisconsin, UPEA is the largest professional-services firm headquartered in the region. UPEA is a team of 60+ professional engineers, architects, surveyors, and environmental engineers and have been in business for more than 60 years. Take your career to the next level by joining the UPEA team where job satisfaction is consistently high, and turnover is low.