FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved Date: 5/2/17
Job Title: CNC Mill Machine Operator
Summary Operates computer numerical control (CNC) mill machining centers to perform machine functions such as boring, facing, and threading parts of metallic workpieces such as castings, forgings, and bar stock by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Edit programs on CNC machines, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, basic geometry, and basic trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Assists in setting-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- CNC Operator Machinist Skills and Qualifications:
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
To perform the job successfully, an individual will need to perform the following competencies.
Quantity of Work
The quantity of work produced and the promptness with which it is completed.
Quality of Work
The ability displayed and accuracy of work produced, meeting company standards, and requiring little to no rework.
Judgement/Knowledge of Job
Knowledge of job, techniques, skills, equipment, procedures, materials, etc.
Punctuality and attendance.
Willingness and cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors; ability to accept constructive criticism.
The degree to which an employee searches out new tasks and expands their ability to perform assigned tasks without direct supervision.
Adherence to Policy
Follow quality environmental policies and have knowledge of AS9100 and IS14001.
Adherence to Safety
Follow safety procedures, security protocol, and wear proper PPE.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, and at least three years CNC Machining experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.