DROUGHT is committed to offering raw beverages hand-crafted with deep regard for organic growing practices, seasonal harvests and local suppliers. Our deliberate juicing approach reverberates with veteran juicers and novices alike. DROUGHT strives to be the definitive source for raw juices, commencing operations in Detroit and expanding exponentially to undernourished areas everywhere.
DROUGHT is a subculture of healthful living created by five sisters who are masters of extracting abundance from simplicity. The idea evolved from a collective longing for accessible, fresh raw juice -- the need for a permanent oasis to rehydrate and revitalize. We genuinely hope that like-minded individuals such as you will appreciate our sensibility. DROUGHT’s mission is to help others find treasure in the ordinary. Start digging, and join the living.
DROUGHT is growing and we have an immediate opening! Please send all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sanitation Manager role involves developing, managing and continuously improving a comprehensive sanitation program that encompasses employee safety, equipment, infrastructure, and people development in order to ensure safe food for our consumers all while ensuring food safety, employee safety and sanitation programs developed complied to and executed with excellence.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of raw fruits and vegetables
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers
- Ability to interact with and directly manage 15 employees on any given shift in order to ensure complete safety and sanitation protocols are being carried out by all employees and managers
- Participate in and direct sanitation to ensure SSOP, GMP, HACCP quality and Food Safety Standards are completely adhered to throughout the facility
- Train staff to follow GMP and food safety standards as well as properly clean production equipment
- Daily performing inspections of plant, equipment and environment to assess cleanliness
- Participating in third party inspections
- Working with ownership to identify and correct sanitation concerns
- Ordering and managing the inventory of sanitation supplies
- Ensuring preventative and repair maintenance for chemical delivery systems and sanitation equipment
- Conducting weekly meetings with the staff and upper management/ownership to ensure continuous improvement and root cause analysis of sanitation program
- Confer with HR to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances
What we are looking for:
- FULL-TIME AVAILABILITY of the following:
- Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- 3 years of experience in food processing sanitation
- 4 year degree preferred; Food Science or Microbiology OR related experience
- Supervisory experience including training, coaching and team building.
- Experience in GMPs, SSOPs, SQF and process controls programs
- HACCP experience preferred
- ServSafe certification preferred, certified at minimum with expectation of completing additional necessary certification at company request and expense
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to move about throughout your shift/on your feet for all duties
- Working a quick pace. This position will require you to be on your feet for entire 8 hour; lifting up to 50 lbs and able to work in a cold packing facility
- Self-starters with positive attitudes. Maintain the operation as if it were your own
Panther James, LLC, dba DROUGHT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DROUGHT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DROUGHT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DROUGHT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.