Welcome to the avid Hotel Zeeland by IHG
New hotel in Zeeland MI has an immediate full-time opening for outgoing Guest Service Agent to work on our hotel's front desk.
The Service Agent position is essential in making our guests feel welcome by ensuring their pleasant and comfortable stay with us while on business or leisure travel in the Zeeland and surrounding areas. Our agents many responsibilities critical to the customers experience. They include greeting clients as they arrive, coordinating check-ins to assigned rooms, informing guests about the hotel's facilities, and offering consistent, friendly customer service during their stay. Previous hospitality experience is desirable, however we will consider other retail/customer service backgrounds if you're service oriented, and have a demonstrated ability to create a positive customer experience.
- Provide consistent guest service experiences for guests throughout their stay
- Ensure guests are properly greeted upon arrival
- Monitor daily reservations and ensure assigned rooms are ready prior to check-in
- Ensures brand standards are followed with regard to check-in / check-out procedures, reservations, and payment transactions.
- Effectively communicates and involves relevant staff and departments to promptly address guests' requests and concerns
- Views all guest requests and concerns as opportunities, actively listen to customers, and provides solutions
- Upon check in informs guests of all hotel services and amenities, and times of operation.
- Understands all features and benefits of the brands loyalty points program and enrollment requirments.
- Reviews the guests feedback from the hotel service logs
- Recommend local tourist spots, including places to dine, shop and sight-see
- Completes shift duty checklists, runs pertinent shift reports at the beginning and end of shifts, balances cash and credit card transactions at the end of shifts.
- Assists with hotels laundry operations during slow periods, sorting soiled sheets and towels, washing-drying, and folding clean sheets and towels for re-use.
- Proven customer service skills
- Experience with hotel front desk software desirable
- Proficiency in English
- Customer service drive with outstanding communication and active listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and a professional presentation
- The ability to sell and upsell the hotels features and benefits.
- A stable job history with employment references is preferred.
We will train service oriented individuals who are looking for an opportunity to grow with us.