Shift: 3rd shift
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Status: Full time
This position is responsible for the safe, quality conscious operation of his/her machine. This person is charged with manning his/her workstation in a defined work center, performing necessary manufacturing related tasks, reporting of production rates, product quality and safety.
Multi-Lingual | UAW Work Force | Team Focused | Clean Work Environment | Part Time Option Available
- Report to assigned work area and return from designated breaks on time.
- Works around injection molding and other related secondary machines, retrieving parts after the machine cycle is complete and when required by a semi-automatic cycle (door job).
- Read, understand and follow required paperwork – ex Quality Alerts, Operator Instructions, etc.
- Complete first piece approval process per checklist.
- Visually evaluate if a part meets obvious or supplied master nonconforming material. Report all discrepancies per the escalation procedure.
- Package parts according to the approved packaging standard, building of such packaging if applicable.
- Additional operations may be required, and the Operator will perform these tasks as identified for the position or job at the work cell.
- Responsible for identifying and maintaining a clean (5s) and safe work area.
- Responsible for providing accurate information on productivity, quality, and safety to their Supervisor.
- May have to trim parts using a utility knife or some other type of trimming device.
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork.
- Operate handheld scanners and scan material into inventory.
- Attend required training per production requirements.
- Attend pre-shift and other scheduled meetings.
- Comply with job rotation requirements.
- Provide training to other employees when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the Company Values all day, every day: Customers, Innovation, Trust, Discipline, and Health& Safety.
- Must be able to perform satisfactorily within the requirements for hours and physical location.
- Plastic Injection Molding or manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to prioritize daily schedule and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to read, understand and follow daily production schedule.
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Must be capable to be trained on all presses/molds in assigned area.
- Able to interpret ODS instructions, pack qualities, etc.
- Strong computer and math skills.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 30 pounds.
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive motions for eight to twelve hours.
- Ability to bend and stoop for the above time.
- Ability to work safely around heavy machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions of heat (90-115 degrees).
- Able to work the hours, including overtime, required for the position.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K company contribution, Quarterly Bonus Plan, Vacation Time, 13 paid holidays
At Kendrick Plastics, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Kendrick Plastics believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Must be able to meet the requirements of being able to work in the United States (INS Form I-9).