A very well known company in Kentwood, MI is looking for multiple fabricator welders. This is an entry level fabricating/welding position that requires knowledge of MIG and TIG welding.
This position fabricates and builds test chamber’s structural frame through following blueprints and mechanical engineering drawings. This position uses raw steel to MIG weld a structural steel frame per specs.
Entry Level I
- Reads tape measure easily
- Fabricates by welding sheet metal and structural steel to correct dimensions under proper supervision
- Uses math functions accurately—multiplication, division, conversion of decimals to fractions
- Fabricates welded sheet metal parts and structural steel frames to the correct dimensions per print from a collection of prints in a job work folder
- Grinds all outside welds smooth in preparation for a finish paint part
- Reads blueprints/mechanical engineering drawings
- Lays out holes to proper dimensions per prints
- Demonstrates knowledge of MIG and TIG welding applications
Mostly standing work. Continuously lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds. Frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs. (Lifting more than 50 lbs overhead must be performed by using mechanical aids; if mechanical aids are not available, the lift will be performed by two employees in a team lift.) Detailed work with hands; fine work and simple grasping. Position may involve bending, squatting, climbing, reaching, and kneeling with occasional crawling and twisting. Periodic travel may be involved. As needed, will work at a desk and a computer screen for extended periods of time. Must be able to manually enter data to the computer system and understand the screen and images that appear.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour