Build innovative solutions and design the future.
You can pursue your potential at Tecomet by working with a dedicated team to solve complex challenges, in partnership with industry-leading clients in medical device technology, aerospace, and defense industries. With the backing of our steadfast brand, you can be a part of the next era of manufacturing by bringing bold ideas to life and building products that improve on the status quo.
What’s In It For You:
At Tecomet, we believe that everyone makes a difference and contributes to our overall success. We are a team bound together by pride in our work and dedication to our craft. Our leadership team shares the company’s strategic direction so our workforce can remain informed and attain our internal goals and objectives.
Let’s talk about what we have to offer:
- Competitive pay and benefit packages
- Health Benefits start on day one
- 401k available with matching
- 9 Paid Holidays with 2 Floating Holidays
- PTO offered
- Pay range-$18.63-$34/HR
Responsible for the set up and operation of forge and trim presses by performing the following duties. The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet’s principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
- Installs specified dies on press die sets, and positions and clamps holding fixtures to die sets.
- Aligns metal parts between dies or positions them against fixtures on press.
- Moves controls to lower ram that forces dies together.
- Dimensionally lays out parts.
- Monitors and records all associated dimensions on the product to ensure conformance to all customer specifications.
- Identifies maintenance needs of equipment and reports to management.
- Communicates with Die department on recommendation of windage and stock to add to dies.
- Mixes lubricants in lubrication tank.
- Performs preventative maintenance checks on press and die sets
- Monitors temperatures of furnaces according to type of metal being forged.
- Completes quality documents such as Statistical?Process?Control charts, routers, and tags.
- Maintains housekeeping and safety standards in work area.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Uses inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, CMM, height gages, and comparators.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 years of press operating experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of press operations and forging equipment.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric tolerancing.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment
The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be required to stand. The employee could frequently be required to walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee could be required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee could occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job could include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Tecomet, Inc is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.