Kopke Remodeling & Design
"The people I work with are as passionate as I am."
"I came to Kopke for a job. Instead, I found a career."
Kopke Remodeling & Design is a full home improvement organization. We're a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service, quality products and installation, we have been in business for over 22 years. Our people make the difference.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our Office department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in management administration, Kopke is the company for you.
"Kopke has an outstanding crew who value doing the finest work. They are friendly and respectful. I was very impressed by the attention to detail. Dave Kopke oversaw every detail. His crew from Dale to Shaun, Tim & Alex were outstanding! Every worker loved working for Kopke and wanted to do their best. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a quality job done to the highest standards."
- Diane A., Grosse Pointe Farms, June 2015
Kopke is seeking a Handyman at our corporate office in Sterling Heights
Read more questions below and see if you are ready for a change:
· Do you hate the paperwork and business side of the business?
· Do you hate driving around town giving FREE estimates?
· Do you hate the late nights and weekends preparing bids?
· Are you tired of finishing one project only to not have another one lined up?
· Would you like to work with other like-minded, professional craftsmen?
· Would you like to enjoy your evenings and weekends with your family or your hobbies?
If you answered 'yes' to some of the questions, it sounds like you may be ready for a change.
Kopke Remodeling & Design is looking for Customer Focused, Multi-Skilled craftspeople who know how to estimate and complete a variety of maintenance projects up to managing and completing bathroom and kitchen remodels. I invite you to join a company that cares about your success; one that respects you and your talents.
The best candidates will have excellent skills in all areas, including:
· Minor Electrical
· Minor Plumbing
· Minor Roofing
· Minor Siding
· Customer Service
· Deck & Fence Repairs
· Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling
· No fear of Residential Heights
· Work regular hours from 8:00 AM -- 5:00 PM Monday-Friday with time for your family or hobbies
· Consistent, year round work. The more skills you have, the busier you will be
· Scheduled Performance reviews with three raise opportunities in first year!
· You are an employee, so reduce your year-end tax surprises
· Variety in daily projects. No assembly line work
· Competitive hourly wage, plus bonuses
· Paycheck every two weeks
· Paid travel time between projects
· don't worry we pay for the gas
· 401K Match
· Paid Vacations
· Paid Holidays
Fifty percent of our jobs are sold over the phone and generally are from a list of repeat customers. You simply arrive on-time at the customer's home or business, review the scope of work and provide a written assessment of the project, including a general time frame and the materials needed, and then go to work.
You will also have the opportunity to advise the customer of additional projects you recognize in their home and offer them the opportunity to have you complete it while you are there. YOU are in control of the project from start to finish.
My standards are high.
To work for Kopke Remodeling & Design you must:
· Have a valid driver's license.
· Maintain the highest standards of quality.
· Clean up well with a professional appearance.
· Possess outstanding customer service and communication skills.
· Own a truck, van or trailer of acceptable appearance to work from -- if needed
· Own an assortment of tools and know how to use them proficiently.
· Have the ability to pass a squeaky-clean background and drug screening.
· Have access to your email daily for communication and dispatch purposes.
· Have seven years or more in the professional handyman or construction industry.
If you meet our high standards, you must take the time to meet with us.
I make it a priority to reward honest, hardworking talent.
We are looking to advance a Handyman to become our Handyman Manager.
Kopke Remodeling & Design of Sterling Heights is a full Remodeling Company a Michigan Corporation and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Base Pay per Hour
Other Pay: You make a percentage of every job you quote
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Construction, Skilled Labor - Trades, Facilities
Education High School Diploma some College preferred
Experience At least 7 year(s)
Manages Others Yes
Required Travel Some