U.P. Plumbers, Pipefitters & HVACR Technicians, Local 111 is accepting applications from August 1 - August 12, 2022, for the Plumber/Pipefitter Apprenticeship Program. Looking for dependable individuals interested in becoming part of a team of professionals in an industry that has a direct impact on infrastructure, public safety, convenience, health, and comfort. Candidates must be willing to travel away from home for extended periods for work, attend mandatory classes (216 hours per year), and work varying shifts, in varying climates including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Pledge: The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of Apprentices during their term of training, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.
Requirements for application submission August 1-12 at Upper Peninsula Michigan Works Service Centers:
* Must be at least 17 years of age
* Complete Apprenticeship Application Form #1 (Must be entirely completed, any missing information and/or signatures will disqualify the application)
* Applicants shall provide qualifying test scores for the following tests:
* Work Keys Graphic Literacy
* Work Keys Workplace Documents
* Work Keys Applied Mathematics
Applicants must achieve a combined average level of 5.33 along with a combined average score of eighty percent (80%) correct on all three (3) exams in order to be scheduled for an interview. The applicant will bear the cost of the ACT Work Keys tests in the amount of $39.00.
* Provide Birth Certificate or other such documentation for proof of age
* Provide High School Diploma AND TRANSCRIPT or High School Equivalency (GED) Certificate AND OFFICIAL GED TEST RESULTS (Documents must provide proof of High School graduation).
* Applicant must have the ability to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening.
* Applicant must show proof of a valid Driver's License.
* Provide Military transfer or discharge Form DD-214, if applicable
* Provide Social Security Card
ALL APPLICANTS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREEN
Please note that any and all documents must be valid and complete with ALL information as this is the first step in the reviewing process. If there are any missing signatures, incomplete forms or missing documentation, the application may be denied for the next step within the application process.
Qualified applicants will be required to complete a series of assessment tests, those who achieve an acceptable score will then be scheduled for an interview. You will be notified via certified mail of your status and/or further instruction within 30 days of the last date of application acceptance.
Submission of an application does not guarantee further consideration.
E.E.O. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.