LOCATION: Currently located at Woodland Elementary, Dickinson County
SALARY & BENEFITS: Full Benefit Package with Insurance
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 2022-2023 School Year
1. High school graduate, or equivalent, with a minimum of two (2) years of successful experience as an aide in a day care training program or a special education classroom, or equivalent experience, and be recommended by an administrator who has supervised the work of the aide for at least one year. OR
2. High school graduate, or equivalent, with advance training in a community college or degree granting institution whose special education instructional aide training program has been approved by the Michigan Department of Education.
3. Experience or training specific to job assignment or classroom. (i.e. Sign Language--Hearing Impaired; Braille--Visually Impaired.)
4. Driving may be necessary for this position which would require a valid driver’s license.
5. Meet requirements for Highly Qualified Paraprofessional as set by the Michigan Department of Education.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES:
A paraprofessional is a person who assists the professional educator in the initiation, participation and culmination of learning activities that occur in the teaching/learning experience. The primary function of the paraprofessional is to assist the student in the successful completion of their individualized educational plan.