Role and Responsibilities
Cornerstone is a Person Centered Program which puts the person first. We are a Christian organization with the purpose of providing quality support for individuals residing in our homes. As a direct care staff, your primary goal is the Health and Safety of the consumers in our care. You will be required to provide community living supports and personal care support based on the individualized plan of service. The following are all part of your job duties:
- Provide supports based on the persons individual plan of service.
- Assist individuals with achieving personal goals.
- Assist individuals with meal preparation, ensuring that appropriate nutritious meals are provided.
- Engage socially with the residents of the home while setting appropriate boundaries.
- Provide Support in a recovery based process.
- Assist individuals with proper decision making so that the resident is in charge of the decision making process and defining his or her life goals.
- Maintain compliance with appropriate recipient rights rules, licensing rules and corporate policies and procedures.
- Attend and complete mandatory periodic training.
- Participate in a trauma informed culture which may be necessary to aid individuals in the recovery process.
- Knowledgeable and able to support cultural diversity.
- Maintain proper documentation in accordance to the individuals care as well as company policy.
- Provide choices to the individuals in our care.
- Remain awake and alert throughout the duration of the assigned shift.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the home, maintain proper cleanliness of all resident areas with their assistance.
- Breaks should be scheduled in accordance with policy and should only be taken individually.
- Assist in basic home care needs.