Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a Success Coach in the Wexford and Missaukee area. You will be a part of local employers' solutions to retention issues. Our whole mission is to help employees stay employed at their current employer.
The Northwest Michigan Works! Business Resource Network is a private-public partnership whose purpose is to improve sustainable employment and retention through employee support and training. Our mission is to provide solutions for sustainable employment to the Business Resource Network member companies. This will include resource navigation, barrier removal and life skill development to create a knowledgeable and self-sufficient workforce for BRN member companies.
This is a professional position whose purpose is to serve the workforce needs of member companies through assessment, guidance and navigation of available resources. The success coach will act as liaison between member companies, individual employees and local agencies to secure available resources and training opportunities where appropriate. This position will be under the direct supervision of the Regional Director of Business Services who will make all final decisions regarding operations and policies of the program.
- Assist in establishing program, including recruitment of member companies
- Coordinate and develop a consistent schedule within scope of member company needs
- Regularly communicate with member company HR to identify needs/barriers
- Interview, conduct employee assessments, identify employment barriers
- Develop individual employee assistance plans
- Assist employees with the implementation of the employee assistance plan to include community referrals, financial budgeting, and more
- Provide funding resources to overcome barriers such as transportation, housing, childcare
- Establish a current list of community resources and develop relationships with those resources
- Determine necessary solutions to assure continued employment
- Case management
- Present outcomes at quarterly BRN team meetings
- Identify and secure examples of success stories and testimonials per policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Resources, Community Development, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft, OSMIS, Google and other applications
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring capacity
- Community resource awareness
- Positive, professional approach and interactions
- Accurate data entry, reporting and management
- Excellent oral and written communication including public speaking
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Willing and motivated to learn while having the ability to work independently
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Possession of driver’s license and insurable to drive staff vehicles
Annual salary of $41,200
Benefits: This full-time professional position is entitled to Northwest Michigan Works! full fringe benefit package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, retirement contribution, vacation, and sick time.