The Sales & Application Support Specialist is responsible for technical sales support activities for Raman spectroscopic instrumentation by providing technical expertise including application support and advanced training. Required to understand customer problems and how to apply Kaiser’s Raman analyzers to solve them.
Persons applying for this position should be located on the East Coast (preferably Baltimore area) or willing to relocate.
- A self-motivated individual possessing excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Sufficient technical and engineering skill to be able to understand Raman technology and how it can be applied to the target markets.
- Ability to translate market requirements to product development.
- Significant domain knowledge of target analyzer market including its buyers, implementers and support personnel.
- Effective time and task management skills are needed to meet the required performance goals.
- Effectively coordinate with multiple departments to enhance short term sales through scheduling and conducting demonstrations at customer sites and writing feasibility reports.
- Progress strategic applications as defined by Sales Director while balancing applications support to close immediate sales opportunities.
- Implement advanced training program for new and existing customers including interfacing with service support group.
- Exhibit expertise with Kaiser Raman instruments, software packages, and accessories.
- Conduct on-site and off-site demonstrations to establish Raman’s value as an analytical tool.
- Work with customers to provide solutions to analytical problems and assist in developing chemometric models and implementing them in feedback control.
- Draft presentations and conduct technical seminars at customer sites.
- Evaluate potential new customer applications/market opportunities, and alert Sales Director to new market opportunities applications as to whether they are viable sales opportunities.
- Support marketing by presenting papers and/or posters at appropriate meetings (for example Pittcon).
- Responsible for running samples and managing demo inventories.
- Should have at least a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering and/or 10 years of experience in working with Raman or spectroscopic analyzers in the pharmaceutical, petrochemical and hydrocarbon markets.
- A good technical knowledge and use of spectroscopic analyzers. Experience in developing applications, installing and supporting analyzers in industrial settings a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with analyzer sample systems, needs and interests of analyzer technicians, reasons why analyzers are used and how they are justified.
- This position will require approximately 50% travel, most within North America but there will be some occasional travel abroad required.
- Sales or customer support experience preferably with knowledge of where existing pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, polymer, petrochemical and hydrocarbon process analyzers are deployed.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in hiring, promotion, transfer, discharge, pay, benefits and all other aspects of employment, without regard to age, height, weight, pregnancy, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by state and federal laws.