$16.00/hr + 6% shift premium
1st and 2nd shift
The Warehouse Associate is responsible to load, unload, move materials within or near plant, warehouse, or work site and manually packages materials and products for outbound shipments domestically and internationally. The warehouse operator will work with the other supply chain team members to expedite timely and cost effective solutions for importing and exporting materials to and from company, customer, and supplier facilities while maintaining accurate inventory records.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Opens containers, following all established procedures and work instructions.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves using company provided tools, and at times by hand into vehicles ensuring proper wrapping to prevent damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area using a variety of material handling tools and equipment.
- Measures, cuts, and delivers fiber and plastic cores, bags, and boxes to meet converting manufacturing requirements.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet and assists with inventory control. Investigates discrepancies, and helps uncover system problems.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Troubleshoot and address any issues or problems that arise moving any material, finding creative solutions and keeping team members well informed of the status and potential changes to delivery schedules.
- Develop and manage inbound and outbound freight routing guides to help others make good decisions and ensure common shipping transactions are handled routinely.
- Work with other members of the materials team on continuous improvement projects to reduce errors and reduce costs.
- Measures and cuts fiber and plastic cores to meet converting manufacturing requirements.
- Delivers bags, cores, plugs and boxes as required.
- Builds custom heat-treated skids and tops per order.
- Cleans assigned warehouse and work areas daily. Returns tools and equipment to designated areas.
- Fill out daily inspection sheets for forklift and electric hand trucks and may complete minor maintenance including making simple adjustments or repairs such as oiling and greasing forklift truck.