: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation. Job Description:
Under general supervision, evaluates & treats patients using standard occupational therapy procedures.
• Evaluates patients motor and neurological capabilities and documents findings.
• Directs, plans, organizes, and executes occupational therapy programs for patients.
• Exercises professional judgment in selection of treatment media, consistent with attending physicians prescriptions.
• Implements programs designed to enhance motor, sensory, cognitive and interpersonal skills of the patient in order to promote patient independence and productivity.
• Works with attending physician in order to establish patient therapy goals that are consistent with physicians diagnosis.
• Prepares treatment plans consistent with therapy goals; provides group or individual therapy selecting from a variety of occupational therapy modalities.
• Documents patient treatments, initial evaluation, progress notes and discharge summaries in accordance with established departmental and service line policies and protocols.
• Attends interdisciplinary team conferences and various meetings to consult with other team members regarding patient treatment & program development Oversees, instructs and evaluates occupational therapy assistants, aids, students and / or volunteers as assigned.
• Co-signs notes written by occupational therapy assistants, aids or students. Maintains professional expertise through workshops, lectures, in-services, conferences, etc.
• Assists in the implementation of programs & services to foster interdisciplinary approach and a service line system of care.
• Promotes and adheres to the mission, vision and values of the DMC and the customer service behavior standards.
1. Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. One year of experience in a clinical setting preferred.
3. Current license to practice as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan.
4. Initial certification or eligibility for certification if candidate is a new graduate, with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).