Dean Transportation is currently seeking reliable, detail-oriented candidates for bus washer positions available in Lansing, MI. Positions are part-time with opportunity for additional weekly hours. Starting pay is $10.50 - $11.00 per hour. Must pass background check and drug screening.
To clean and maintain Motor Coaches and Sedans used on a daily basis.
|Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform such cleaning duties as sweeping, mopping of floors, and vacuuming of seats and upholstery using appropriate cleaning equipment.
• Clean and disinfect restrooms, including the toilet, sink, walls, floor, towel dispensers and mirrors.
• Dust and wash windows, mirrors, interior glass, window casing and tracks, blinds, ledges and overhead compartments.
• Clean and shampoo upholstery.
• Wash walls, hand rails, overhead compartment doors to remove such items as splash marks, finger prints and grease marks.
• Clean and polish sinks, mirrors and any other chrome areas.• Adjust seating as needed for handicap accessibility or tables as the customer requests.• Empty trash from vehicles.
• Resupply motor coaches with supplies such as toilet paper, pot shot, paper towels, and hand sanitizer.
• Requests supplies as needed.
• Report damage, malfunctions and other irregularities of the vehicle to Mechanic & or Supervisor.
• Turn in lost and found articles, putting them in the lost and found cabinet and recording on the sheet each item found.
• Follow company policy and OSHA safety regulations.
• Properly clean and maintain equipment and work area at the end of each shift.
• Keeps workers storage and work areas clean at all times.
Perform related duties as assigned including but not limited to the following:
• Changing shifts on a temporary basis to perform detailed cleaning of specific vehicles.
• Cleaning of areas other than vehicles including buildings and grounds as requested.
• May involve safely starting and driving of vehicles on the lot.
• Casual knowledge of cleaning methods, techniques and equipment.
• Frequent lifting of up to 75 lbs is required.
• This position involves extensive bending, stretching and twisting to complete the job duties.