Cascade Engineering is a Family of Companies where we invest in People, Planet and Profit. We have been in business for 49 years in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We manufacture automotive parts, material handling, and office furniture, polymer compounding, waste and recycling.
This is a full-time position. The schedule for this position is Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm noon - 12:00am midnight. Along with local pickups and Holland trips on Tuesdays/Thursdays during the day.
This person will be responsible for all shipping and receiving functions and some production handling support. Additionally, this person will be doing receiving procedures (POX scanning and 5.13.1) to input/receive incoming components. He or she will work closely with production and be responsible for several production support functions. This position requires a CDL and will involve switcher responsibilities at the warehouse and plant locations.
- Responsible for utilizing all equipment, including forklift, and performing all tasks in a safe manner
- Create BOL's (Bill of Lading). Enter in receivers.
- Participates on cross-function teams.
- Maintains finished goods warehouse organization
- Loads and stacks shipments per traffic schedule
- Ensures accuracy of shipping request and pre-shipper records
- Notifies scheduling of inventory levels and discrepancies
- Understands and practices basic FIFO - Inventory Rotation
- Utilizes MODs - production management tool - for scheduling and inventory placement