- $36,901 - $48,096/ Year
- Full Benefits Package
- Performs administrative support and clinical duties.
- Assists in preparing rooms for patient exams, recording patient medical history and providing excellent customer service.
- Schedules appointments in a variety of clinical areas using electronic medical records.
- Conducts client intake and check out.
- Verifies insurance coverage and eligibility, reviews outstanding client balances, and requests payment for services rendered.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs and assists Nurse Practitioner with clinical visits /evaluations.
- Performs point of care testing, blood draws and injections.
- Refers patients to other appropriate community services and resources within and outside the Health Department.
- This description is intended to illustrate the type and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It may not be a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in a healthcare-related field and one year of experience in a healthcare setting; OR
- High school diploma and three years of experience in a health care setting.
- Experience working with diverse clients utilizing community services is preferred.
- Certification from an accredited medical office assisting or similar program.
- Possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license and a vehicle is required.
- Ability to sit, walk, reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift 25-50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- In times of a public health emergency, may be required to report for specialized assigned duties inside or outside of Berrien County.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Clear understanding of the medical billing process.
- Knowledge in the fields of medicine, anatomy and physiology, infectious disease, STD, HIV and family planning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Record documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the usage of correct grammar, spelling and legible handwriting.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Well organized, with the ability to multitask, move quickly between tasks and prioritize workload while remaining flexible.
- Skills in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner and using a multi-line phone system.
- Able to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.