Excellent Opportunity to join our team of craftsmen, in making custom metalwork, including custom furniture and artwork, with computerized state of the art equipment. We specialize in sheet metal fabrication. Check out our website to see what we do: fidlerfurniturecompany.com
Job Purpose: The Metalwork Estimator/Admin Assistant is responsible for assembling detailed estimates/budgets after gathering bids from vendors to solicit bids. The Estimator will also do some project organization and assist with some office tasks as well.
Estimator/Project Manager should be able to work with senior management and team members to ensure successful completion of projects by being able to:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management.
- Analyze blueprints, construction drawings and specifications to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates to complete accurate pricing and quotations.
- Research, source, negotiate and obtain the best pricing from suppliers and subcontractors for materials, parts and outside services.
- Keep detailed pricing worksheets for reference.
- Organize and track every project to completion.
- Follow up on action items.
- Create a detailed work order in cooperation with senior management, which identifies materials, components, resources, and activities to successfully complete the project.
- Establish a weekly communication schedule to gather information from Engineering and Shop Supervisor and update team members of the project’s status.
- Order samples from the shop – document, label, package, and deliver/ship to customer.
- Purchase materials and supplies needed, and schedule outsourcing as needed. Include all information on work order.
- Create Purchase Orders.
- Create Change Orders as needed.
- Work with Sr. Management and Shop Supervisor to develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Update Monday.com with current status from all incoming communications.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and the team at team meetings and revise the schedule as required.
- Work in partnership with team members to ensure that all project information is accurate and meets the quality requirements for assigned areas of responsibility before being communicated outside the office.
- Communicate professionally and accurately with customers as a liaison for senior management to manage samples, deadlines, field measurements. etc.
- Run errands as needed to pick up parts, deliver materials, take packages to shipping companies.
- Assist in logging received supplies and materials.
- Label, package and ship samples to customers for approval.
- Prepare and manage office forms such as: letter of transmittal, and delivery receipts.
- Strong organizational skills
- Follow instructions
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Strong Communication Skills – Friendly on phone
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong math & analytical skills
- Timely with tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily.
Strong working knowledge of all project phases including conceptual and schematic drawings to a detailed final bid estimate is required.
Must have 2-5 years’ experience in quoting.
2-5 years of previous experience in an architecture, engineering, construction, or related professional service firm a must.
Knowledge and understanding of design specifications and familiar with kitchen and household components and structures. Experience in quoting a must.
Experience with drawing software completing take-offs in AutoCAD and Bluebeam.
Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Word, & Excel. Must have reasonable typing skills and be able to operate typical office equipment – printers, phones, copiers, computers.
Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal team members and external customers.
Receive first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services.
Act with customers in mind.
Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
Some lifting is required in receiving and organizing supplies. Closed toes shoes and safety glasses are required when in shop area.
Must have valid driver’s license and dependable legal vehicle that can be used for errands and deliveries. Mileage is reimbursed in paycheck each week.
Full-time position: M-F 9:00-5:00
Education: Bachelor Degree (a plus)
Experience: Estimating: 2- 3 years (required)
Admin Experience: 3 years (required)
Starting pay $20-$22/hr. based on experience.
PTO for Holidays and Sick time. 90 day waiting period.
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance. AFLAC available. 90 day waiting period.
90-day trial period is to be expected to ensure a successful integration into new position.