***Position located in Pound, WI approximately 22 miles west of Menominee, MI.
PAY RANGE: Salaried. Pay based on qualifications and experience.
Essential Job Duties:
- Using a CAD station, prepare 3D models, layouts or schematics from sketches, specifications, and other engineering reference data. Prepare production prints from models and layouts, showing dimensions, tolerances, and bills of material.
- Work on assembly and installation of prototypes both at plant and on location such as farms, silos, factories, etc. to gain firsthand knowledge of machine uses.
- Utilize sketches and data submitted to formulate and visualize original design concepts, calculate and check specifications. Establish acceptable tolerances and dimensions not specified to determine requirements as to capacities, operating requirements, material selection, type of construction, etc.
- Provide technical information to the Purchasing Department on matters dealing with procurement of special materials, specifications, available sources, etc. Assume responsibility for approving purchase of materials needed for project completion.
- Work under the direction of Engineer in charge to resolve technical problems. Analyze design concepts as to feasibility of manufacturing and cost. Recommend and implement such technical and design changes as may be applicable to improvement of design, quality, operating performance, reliability and to reduce manufacturing cost, etc.
- In conjunction with manufacturing, provide information and assist in resolving production problems in the area of manufacture.
- Instruct, assist and check drawings of the CAD Operator assigned to you.
- May provide technical assistance and information having to do with the construction and testing of pilot models. Assist Project Engineer to analyze test results and recommend design modifications to remedy deviations and improve design.