Full Time, hourly position with opportunity for overtime.
This position includes: making custom metal work, custom furniture and artwork, by fabricating sheet metal and other metals with computerized state of the art equipment. Check out our website to see what we do: fidlerfuriturecompany.com
- Experience TIG welding stainless steel with a complete understanding of setting up the welder.
- Experience with setting up and running Press Brake and Shear to form and shear sheet metal.
- Install commercial and residential kitchen equipment and furniture.
- Read & understand drawings. Be able to write basic letters and prepare sketches.
- Have good communication skills.
- Work in a safe and careful manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Work well with others and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Limit personal phone use to scheduled breaks.
- Dress presentable.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to drive company pick-up truck.
- Work in a safe and careful manner without damage to property.
- Effectively use tape measure, level, electric drill, grinder with cut-off wheel, and other tools related to sheet metal fabrication.
- Work to minimize costs, while staying productive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility listed above.
It is of the utmost importance that this person has exceptional interpersonal communication skills. Other traits will include self-motivation, high energy level, be dependable, trustworthy, and honest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary job responsibilities include set-up and running press brake, using shear, welding and polishing metal to fabricate products based on the drawings and information given.
Education and/or Experience:
Must have at least 3 years of metal shearing and forming, and TIG welding experience. Applicant must be able to read drawings and specifications, as well as be able to clearly write out job progress information and make simple sketches of parts.
Must always look presentable. All carts, dollies, and material handling equipment will be provided. We demand safe lifting procedures and supply material handling equipment to assist in the movement of equipment. Standing most of the day is typical. Some lifting is required.
Other Requirements for this position:
- Must have clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and reliable personal transportation.
- The ability to work at schools, the ability for limited travel and be able to submit to a drug screen at any time with negative results.
Full-time position: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm, some Saturdays 8:00am - 12:00pm
Starting pay $16-$18/hr. based on experience, with an evaluation at 90 days with possible increase.
- PTO for Holidays (11 days/year) 90 day waiting period.
- Sick time. (4 days/year) 90 day waiting period.
- Bonus Pay.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance. AFLAC available. 90 day waiting period.
90-day day trial period is to be expected to ensure a successful integration into new position.