Maintenance Technician – Madison Heights, MI
The Ionbond – Madison Heights Coating Center is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join the team. We are looking for a self-starting, highly motivated individual interested in working in an industrial manufacturing environment. A highly skilled person who enjoys a variety of technical challenges will excel in this role. As a Maintenance Technician, your primary responsibility will be the preventive maintenance of production equipment along with the repair and rebuild of equipment when necessary. Duties cover a broad range of areas including electrical, mechanical, and general maintenance. This position reports to the Plant Manager of the facility.
Ionbond – The Surface Engineers™
Ionbond is a global, yet local acting, company where we work in a technical innovative environment. Our employees make a difference for companies in medical, automotive, aerospace and decorative industries with providing thin-film coating services. We operate 35 coating centers in 15 countries over 3 continents. Our coatings are used to improve durability, quality, functionality, efficiency and aesthetics of tools and components. Ionbond is a global leader in PVD, CVD and PACVD coating technologies.
What do we offer?
Our employees are our single most valuable assets! We strive to make Ionbond a great place to work including:
- International and local growth opportunities
- Diverse work environment where we embrace teamwork and innovation that drives us towards new applications and customer service excellence
- Competitive compensation package: salary based on experience and educational credentials
- Medical & dental benefits with affordable premiums and annual deductibles
- Flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Life insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Safe Harbor Retirement Account plus company match
What defines this job?
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment, cleaning lines, and other plant machinery
- Document and maintain all equipment modifications, maintenance histories, drawings, blueprints, and schematics
- Troubleshoot vacuum systems with comfortable level in working around high-voltage components
- Evaluate repair & maintenance needs
- Monitor uptime for all equipment; develop and implement plans to minimize equipment breakdown
- Provide input to Managers and Process Engineers to resolve manufacturing interruptions, inconsistent process results, and equipment downtime
- Responsible for 5S Program in working areas
- Other facility maintenance tasks needed or as apparent
What do we ask?
Must have a minimum of 3 years industrial manufacturing environment maintenance experience. Degree/Certification in Engineering, Technical or Trade education preferred; diploma/GED minimum required education. Experience with Vacuum Technology. Strong ability with understanding failure mechanisms, ability to isolate determine root cause, and repair. Working knowledge of control systems, PLC controls. Able to work independently, is a self-starter, and is highly motivated to complete projects and meet deadlines. Possess good communication skills; able to clearly communicate with peers, management, and suppliers, both verbally and in email communication. Available to work overtime and weekends as required. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background check and physical screening. Able to travel on occasion to other U.S. Centers and internationally as needed.
Working Schedule: Tuesday - Sunday 3 pm - 11:30 pm
Pay Range: Starting at $20/hr + Shift Premium. Hourly rate based on experience