Summary of Duties:
Responsible for monitoring and directing students engaged in center-sponsored recreational activities in compliance with DOL, company and center directives.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists students in adjusting to residential life at the Gerald R. Ford Job Corps Center by providing supervision, behavior modification, and acting as a mentor.
- Plans, implements and coordinates a comprehensive and diversified recreation program according to required guidelines. Provides new and creative ides to use for recreational activities. Organizes and supervises students’ participation in a variety of recreation activities.
- Promotes recreational activities and continuing education. Coordinates and participates in recreational activities that promote independent living, continuing education, good sportsmanship, teamwork and continuous learning. Facilitates recreational classes and activities.
- Promotes safety of staff and students. Chaperones students to Center recreation functions. Conducts and tracks water safety training for all students as assigned. Maintains accountability of students and property.
- Promotes the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate workplace and leisure time behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Ensures that recreation center rooms are attractive, clean, safe, and in good repair.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Human Learning Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.