WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pay Rate: $34.99 Per Hour
The Electrician will be accountable for the efficient operation of all the electrical-related equipment and instrumentation throughout the facility, both inside and outside of the building. This position is also responsible for the successful utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Major tasks include:
• Independently trouble shoot, diagnose, repair, and make minor program changes to programmable logic controllers.
• Read and interpret ladder logic diagrams, read blueprints, wiring diagrams and make own layouts as required
• Independently trouble shoot, diagnose, repair, and install a range of equipment from low voltage to 480 volt/277 volt circuits, motor controls, control logic, and power wiring.
• Make new major installations and repairs as well as perform general maintenance and repairs.
• Use necessary tools and instruments to independently perform tasks.
• Obtain parts from storeroom and assign parts to work orders using the computerized maintenance management system.
• Must know and follow safety instructions and maintain housekeeping procedures.
• Notify supervisor, emergency coordinator and other plant authorities as necessary in emergency situations.
• Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures for equipment & Maintenance tasks; regularly use these documents to ensure safe and efficient maintenance work.
• Assist in the capture and upkeep of accurate equipment information in the Computerized Maintenance Management System database.
• Participate in the initial installation & upkeep of equipment and piping label as required by plant policy.
• Develop personal skills through ongoing training both at the plant and through outside training classes.
• Support the implementation and maintenance of an effective Preventative Maintenance program.
• Make timely reporting & documentation of equipment breakdowns or mis-operation; provide troubleshooting to minimize downtime of plant equipment.
• Record information required for Work Order closure time-spent on task, details on the work performed, additional work required and parts that were used.
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have at least one (1) year of maintenance experience working in a manufacturing or distribution environment
Must be a certified Electrician
Two (2) or more years of maintenance experience working in a manufacturing or distribution environment
Post-secondary or technical degree
Experience with variable frequency drives (fractional to 200HP)
Experience with rotary fillers, casepackers, palletizers, or wrappers (robotics highly preferred)
Experience with manufacturing processes i.e. valves, pumps, etc. (pigging systems highly preferred)
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location:United States-Michigan-HOLLAND
USA MI Holland Plant
636 East 40th Street
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.