The Human Resources Coordinator provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, and various aspects of all Human Resources-related functions.
Associate degree in a Business related field
Experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
Two (2) years of experience in Human Resources or Business Administration with an emphasis in HR.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Must be 21+ years of age.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members, and Management in written and verbal forms.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Proven ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Proven ability to handle and maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to utilize critical-thinking skills to work independently and make decisions without direct supervision.
• Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented, innovative, flexible, task-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting Gun Lake Casino's "Unsurpassed Service" standards at all times.
• Maintain a detailed database of all Team Members in the department.
• Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Human Resources Office.
• Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters and keep records and files confidential.
• Perform guest service functions by answering Team Member requests and questions.
• Complete timely and accurate data entry into ADP HRIS database records for new hires, transfers, terminations, and other status changes.
• Generate reports as needed.
• Maintain supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
• Assist and maintain logs of performance reviews, progressive discipline forms, mandatory training tracker, secret shop, gaming license renewal, and other logs as assigned.
• Scan and file documents into appropriate electronic files.
• Assist with processing responses to unemployment claims and preparing documentation for appeals.
• Assist the HR Department with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Provide support and administrative assistance for recruiting, benefits, and payroll as needed.
• Resolves Guest concerns within the scope of authority; otherwise refer the matter to leadership.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
• Ability to sit for the duration of shift.
• Ability to access all properties and areas.
• Ability to read, write, and input data into the computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
• Manual dexterity to operate job-related equipment.
Work is typically in an office environment; however, additional work areas may be unusually hot, cold, and/or noisy and may contain second-hand smoke. Tasks may be performed from a sitting or non-sitting position in a confined area. Team Members may be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned area. Work may entail constant contact with fellow Team Members, Management, Vendors, and Guests. High volume and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.