NATURE OF WORK
The Aerial Lineman is a member of the construction team that is responsible for placing aerial strand and fiber in a communication distribution system. Responsibilities will also include placing hardware, anchors, storage components and terminals to customer specifications. Work will be at heights around 30 feet off the ground.
Education / Certification:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Company will provide industry training and certifications if not already secured.
- CDL is a plus.
- Prior Aerial Construction experience valued but not required.
- Able to work off ladders and in bucket trucks.
- Able to pull lasher, throw rope and pull cable.
- Able to read blueprints and interpret work assignments.
Physical Requirements / Aptitude:
- Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., unassisted.
- Works well with small hand and power tools.
- Available to work nights and be on-call; willing to work overtime when required; willing to travel and to work in all-weather conditions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in groups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.