Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
Supervisors are responsible for monitoring, planning and implementing production, quality processes, safety objectives, cost savings, waste elimination, and personnel management in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- A Diploma or GED (Associate’s Degree preferred)
- Experience leading teams in an industrial environment
- Experience with hiring process, performance appraisals, and disciplinary processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and collaboration skills
- The ability to perform projects with a high degree of detail
- Exceptional professional attributes that include self-motivation, dependability, and confidentiality
- The ability to build effective work relationships
- Supervisors are responsible for owning a set of approved calipers and micrometers
- An excellent work record, including attendance
Outstanding candidates will possess the following Desired Requirements:
- Previous experience in the automotive industry
- Experience problem-solving using 8D and 5 Why methods
- Scheduling and workforce planning, especially with workforce fluctuations
- Experience with quality metrics, manufacturing metrics, continuous improvement, and lean manufacturing
- Monitor daily production to ensure shipping requirements are meeting and achieving production rates, leading operator communication, and facilitating productivity improvements.
- Participate in manpower planning and proposing solutions for manpower fluctuations.
- Know, communicate, and be responsible for the achievement of manufacturing key metrics, including run time attainment, equipment set up, internal parts per million (PPM), and cost of quality (COQ), safety, quality, on time Production Part Approval Processes (PPAP’s), on time delivery, premium freight, past due, inventory control and Kan Ban attainment.
- Responsible for tracking/controlling Supplies, OT, Scrap, Efficiency, and Inventory accuracy.
- Manage the QRQC and Scrap Market areas. Reject/Rework parts have disposition within 24 hrs.
- Overlap with other shifts daily to ensure shift to shift transition is managed efficiently.
- Be responsive to calls on Company phone. If unavailable, call back timely.
- Ensure all documentation (bar code labels, verification sheets, etc.) is timely, as well as accurately completed by the production team.
- Monitor production perishables such as cardboard inserts, rest paper, etc. and develop lean methods for replenishment.
- Be knowledgeable of, and responsible for, the achievement of all quality-related goals, including PPAP, COQ, First Time Quality (FTQ), error-proofing, PPM, and adherence to control plans.
- Maintain responsibility for process conformance results via weekly line side/layered audits.
- Accurately and efficiently develop and implements action plans to achieve metrics goals.
- Use prescribed problem solving methods to lead the development of successful action plans that achieve permanent corrective actions and eliminate non-conformances. Initiate and participate in 8D or 5 Why teams depending on the customer requirements.
- Ensure the environment is safe/free of avoidable risk by reporting safety concerns immediately, enforcing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) usage, as well as identifying potential safety issues, and taking appropriate action.
- Ensure accident reports are turned in promptly and accurately when incidences occur.
- Drive, as well as participate in, company-wide lean initiatives and continuous improvement events, including continuous improvement activities and standardized work.
- Schedule, review and approve team member’s schedules daily in the system.
- Drive team suggestions and implementation of ideas to increase efficiency, resulting in cost reductions. Active participation of your Team is required for Bright Ideas. Set expectations.
- Complete and present annual performance appraisals for all direct report employees, outlining positive and negative performance, and documenting a plan of action for sub-par performers.
- Know where team members excel, as well as where they are challenged. Apply this information to attain team goals, as well as enhance the overall well-being of the team members.
- Provide consistent feedback to employees regarding job task performance and accomplishment of goals. Address unacceptable performance by administering discipline actions fairly using the company handbook.
- Participates with the Human Resources Department in the process of hiring and/or terminating employees as needed.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within