Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The Controls Technician Tier 2 Work in with the Maintenance Department, troubleshooting and validating the machine processes of P&C’s production, self-manufactured and purchased equipment in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree or Equivalent in experience in Industrial Maintenance Technology (Preferred)
- Minimum of one year of experience with controls
- Must possess mechanical knowledge, experience in machine repair of either metal stamping equipment, spot/resistance welding, robotic welders, or grinding and finishing equipment
- Experience with electrical trouble-shooting and performing electrical maintenance on equipment, the ability to read, follow and understand electrical
- Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, blueprints, schematics, code requirements, service manuals and manufacturers’ specifications, experience using CAD and PLC programming and troubleshooting and the ability to read and understand advanced electrical prints
- Schematics as needed to facilitate complex repairs or installation of equipment, knowledge in all Allen Bradley PLC’s, Rockwell programming software (including RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5, RSLogix 5000, and Panelbuild32), as well as servo systems, variable speed drive controllers, and both AC and DC motors
- Willingness to complete a degree in the electrical field
- Excellent word record, including attendance
- Conduct test simulations on drives and sensors prior to installation.
- Design electrical/hydraulic/pneumatics systems and peripheral devices, using CAD and PLC programming software to complete projects. Debug, power-up, and validate machines with the appropriate build and electrical teams.
- Recommend and upgrade P&C equipment build specifications and ensure all outside contractors and in house personnel abide by them.
- Assist maintenance with all electrical/hydraulic, pneumatic, and programming problems. Train and guide maintenance technicians on control applications and other pertinent topics.
- Ensure equipment is designed and programmed to P&C’s build specifications using standard techniques and approach while staying current with any new hardware/software that will be used in our line of work.
- Analyze all hardware and software used in the department and ensure it is up to date. Upgrade equipment when needed and recommend new equipment.
- Review electrical, hydraulic and controls drawings submitted by OEM’s for compliance to P&C’s equipment standards.
- Use the bill of material along with previous experience and history to recommend spare parts for all new equipment build and/or for purchased equipment based on the OEM bill of material and on our history/experience.
- Produce drawings with AutoCAD or other drawing software while utilizing P&C’s drawing standards and symbol libraries, unless otherwise specified.
- Provide your customers with timelines on their projects and ensure they are constantly aware of the status of the project.
- Ensure that all work is retained on the P&C network under the pre-determined file location(s).
- Attend trade shows and seminars related to current technologies.
- Define project requirements based on input from many departments and perform the duties of a Maintenance Technician 2, as needed.
- Troubleshoot programs for a number of different machine controllers, servo systems, motion controllers, robotics, HMI’s, and related components in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with outside contractors or OEM’s as needed to troubleshoot our equipment. Use the internet and other tools available to you to ensure we have equipment up and running in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot all new motors and drivers to ensure compatibility prior to installation.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, IATF 16949, and safety regulations.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Exhibit all the attributes of a positive role model (including professionalism, personal integrity, and positive attitude) for employees and managers to emulate.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Safety, We Can If…Do What It Takes, and Ownership) daily, through thoughts and actions.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within