WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Feeder Catcher - Night time shift
504 Eastern Ave
Allegan, Michigan, 49010
The Allegan Facility is seeking a Feeder Catcher
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
· Locates and loads proper stock in preparation for operation.
· Prepares make-ready feeder, prefold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stacker, pack station and inspection system.
· Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
· Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
· Packages finished product.
· Maintains the machine and area for cleanliness and organization in compliance with standard operation procedures.
· Demonstrates competency in all basic folds: straight-line, lock-bottom, inner partition, and 5 th panels.
· Ensures on-time product delivery.
· Regularly rotates between different folder/gluer positions to maintain proper cross training.
· Provides support to meet department and company objectives
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions.
· Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
· Must pass color vision test.
· Must pass color hue test.
· Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
· Must have basic computer skills.
· Must be able to work well in a high pressure environment.
· Must work well in a team environment.
· Must be able to pay high attention to detail.
· Must maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1) ALWAYS ENTER THE TAG: JOB.DESCRIPTION on the Job Ad Page after clicking NEXT 2) Enter your posting description on BOTH the Internal and External Tabs HERE using the 'Paste from Word' tool in the menu bar above (writing board icon ) BELOW the OU.LOCATION.ADDRESS tag. This text will populate the Job Ad page once you add the job description tag (shown above). Please use the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site. 3) DO NOT delete or copy over the TAGS listed below in the Description. JOB.TITLE OU.LOCATION OU.LOCATION.ADDRESS