Express Employment Professionals of Howell/Brighton is assisting a Brighton company seeking a creative and driven Controls Engineer to develop electrical and control systems based on engineering principles and the desired solution for the customer. Must be familiar with FANUC robotics and program on the fly for customer demonstrations.
Principle Job Functions:
Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and involvement in presentation of the solution to customer.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for ail work completed.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.1 . Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- 4 Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Conduct cost and time estimation.
- Understand Digital Factory (DF), Internet of Things (IOT), Industry 4.0 or Factory 4.0 for DOD compliance.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality and within allotted budget.
- Electrical, software design of customized solutions including manufacturing automation and safety systems. Able to maintain project scope and identify project creep.
- Support the manufacture, build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, servos, vfd's, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration.
- Create and or contribute to customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings.
- Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well documented and versatile.
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Commission customized products and systems onsite and at customer facilities.
- Modifies systems upon customer's request and documents the amendments accordingly.
- Provide high quality pre-sales, design-in and post-sales technical support to customer.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
~ Applicants must be a citizen of the United States and hold Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related degree) with 3-5 years related job experience.
~ Ideal candidate will be proficient with MS Office, Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, Siemens Sirus & SIMATIC TDC PLC, Indusoft, LabView Electrical, SolidWorks.
~ Have a strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspection, and communications systems.
~ Candidate needs to be a self-starter having the ability to efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
~ Candidate with possess critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments.
~ He/She will be proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment, balancing multiple projects.
~ Some travel as required to support projects and must be able to lift 50 pounds
Position pays up to $65K
Please send resumes to Beth.Miracle@expresspros.com