Position: Project Manager
Temporary Full-time salary exempt (May thru September)
Project Manager / Installation Foreman is responsible for managing multiple mid to large sized projects of complex scope. These projects will involve the understanding of overall project management as it relates to commercial flooring installations. Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion. Responsibilities include directing and coordinating installation resources throughout the life of a project. This individual will work independently and, on a team, responsible for daily co Communicate with general contractors, project managers, and the Century sales staff daily.
- Timely in responses to both internal and external communication
- Complete work-orders, scheduling, and invoicing on a timely basis.
- Inspect and prepare job site prior to installation to ensure site readiness
- Communicate and coordinate activities with other trades as issues of concern arise
- Knowledge in the installation process of various flooring products; including carpet, luxury vinyl tile, ceramic tile, wood, laminate, etc.
- Responsible for understanding the technical knowledge in moisture mitigation system
- Knowledge of various adhesive products, ensure the appropriate product is used in flooring installation
- In-depth knowledge of flooring substrates
- Ability to complete finish items on punch list, transitions strips, vinyl base etc. to customer satisfaction
- Respond to any issues or concerns regarding installations, identify issue and resolve to customers satisfaction
- Deliver materials as needed
- Oversee all on site and off site construction to monitor compliance with building safety and regulations
- Determine best method of installation or repair, complete accurate measurements and provide instruction to the installation crew
- Develop subcontractor/vendor relationships, monitor the quality and timeliness of their work
- Frequently visit customer site, during and upon completion of project
- Commercial Flooring experience, installation experience preferred
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional conduct and appearance to maintain company image
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- True commitment to customer service
- Strong work ethic with a “Go-to” attitude, willingness to get the job done
- Ability to engage with prospects, clients, and employees
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. kneel, bend to assist on commercial jobs.
- Valid drivers' license required