The Manufacturing Manager oversees the production and materials departments within the Grand Rapids facility. The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing the production processes and directing the flow of materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps drive production team to meet or exceed Company established monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue goals.
- Holds the team accountable to tasks, goals, and breaking through roadblocks. Facilitates daily meetings as required.
- Develops strong relationships to work effectively with other teams (Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Programs, Scheduling and Materials).
- Creates a culture that adheres to policies, procedures and controls necessary for effective production.
- Promotes a culture of safety. Supports environmental, health and safety philosophies and processes that reduce workplace injuries and environmental impact.
- Manages, develops and coaches the Production Supervisors.
- Helps hire, train and discipline Production team members.
- Ensures production team members comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Participates in capacity planning meetings, recommending required resources to ensure production success: equipment, team members, material, facilities and infrastructure.
- Establishes goals and productivity targets for team members and departments that support ABT’s goals.
- Ensures customers’ requirements are met for cost, quality and delivery.
- Acts as a catalyst for continuous improvements that improve quality, productivity, delivery and profitability.
- Implements Lean Manufacturing Methods, including Visual Management and 5S.
- Implements measures that reduce/eliminate manufacturing variance.
- Ensures systems and processes are compliant with applicable Quality standards.
- Remove organizational barriers and resolve significant issues with peers and leadership.
- Leads and develops departmental staff by ensuring adequate training, clear expectations and proper level of accountability.
- Collaborate with inventory management team to ensure accurate forecasting and inventory planning
- Support revenue and inventory planning activities
- Establish, maintain, and publish KPIs and improvement targets for all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Champions lean activity in direct support and relationship to facility lean direction and business needs
- Ensures that schedules, staging’s, and stock checks are performed per the requirements
- Ensures shipping and receiving compliance within North America
- Ensures shipping, receiving and stock room procedures and practices are properly met and adjusts as needed
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing, preferred
- 3 years successful experience in Leadership role
- Understanding of production planning and materials management
- Understanding of Standard Cost
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems (FilePro a plus)
- Minimum 3 years Lean manufacturing experience. Experience with Quality standards.