The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible to ensure that Amphenol Borisch Technologies’ quality requirements are communicated, understood and maintained by ABT’s suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Supplier Quality metrics that include:
- Non Conformance Tracking (MRB)
- Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR)
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Train Suppliers to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Initiate and follow-up requests for Supplier Corrective Actions with the Manufacturing Engineering group. Ensure that root cause analysis and corrective actions are made.
- Work closely with the Purchasing department maintain a Supplier Quality Scorecard.
- Continually work to make process improvements to the supply chain that improve quality, delivery and reduce cost. Including paperwork and packaging compliance, NDA’s, certifications, etc.
- Regularly evaluate current suppliers for continued use.
- Research and recommend new Suppliers through on-site assessments and supplier surveys, as well as initiate and maintain supplier records in ERP system.
- Evaluate Supplier risk and communicate as necessary to Purchasing, Quality and Programs Departments.
- Develop, grow and maintain a robust Dock to Stock (DTS) program by increasing the number of quality Suppliers.
- Resolve problems and eliminate constraints to ensure project and supply targets are met.
- Ensure area of responsibility compliant with ISO/AS and ABT Quality Standards.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Manager
- BS in Engineering or related field or minimum 5 years of experience in Quality
- Quality Control Engineer certification, preferred
- Experience in manufacturing environment, preferred
- Experience utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools (FEMA, Fishbone, 5 Why, 8D, Value Stream Map, Process Flow, A3, etc.)
- Experience using Quality tools and practices
- Experience in on-site supplier assessments
- Excellent Problem Solving, Statistical and Analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel 20% of the time