1st Shift: 5:00 AM - 1:00 PM or 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
2nd Shift: 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Willing to train!
Summary: Operate one or more center-less grinding machines or double disc grinders to grind external surfaces of metal work pieces to blue print specifications, following tooling and operator instructions and quality plans, applying knowledge of grinding procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reading blueprint, quality plans, operator instructions and job routing for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground. and tooling instructions
- Lifts and positions work piece manually or with hoist, and secures between wheels and on work rest
- Starts machine and observes operation
- Verifies dimensions of ground work pieces for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and present gauges
- Must use statistical cooling techniques
- Maintain work area cleanliness