Why ProTrans International:
ProTrans International is committed to providing innovative logistics solutions that meet or exceed our customer’s needs and expectations.
Our corporate culture embraces an entrepreneurial spirit that allows our operations to be flexible and customer focused. Executing our Mission Statement, ProTrans International is committed to value-added services, effective communication, and visionary leading-edge technology. We have a strong commitment throughout ProTrans International to quality and continuous improvement. Internal programs empower employees in every functional area to offer ideas for improved best practices for themselves, their team, ProTrans International, and our customers.
Our operations started in a small garage and has grown to be a part of ProTrans Holdings. Our wonderful partners: TOC Logistics International, Millennial Transportation Services, and Mina—are all part of what makes ProTrans great and the perfect fit.
Shift: Monday--Friday (5:00 PM--Finish) (Second Shift)
The Customer Service Representative/Material Handler:
The Customer Service Representative/Material Handler will be responsible for working in a fast-paced, customer service environment. In this role, you will be assisting with various elements of logistics and transportation. You will be responsible for taking calls from various customers and assist those customers with tracking and tracing and expedite requests. You will equally be responsible for escalating calls to proper managers and notify pertinent Supply Chain Managers.
We are looking for individuals that want to drive their career and be a part of network. You will be a key player in our facility and a driver of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, schedules, and dispatch all service requirements of local pickups through local deliveries. Must act as direct liaison between dock operations and local delivery process.
- Follow-up and able to provide status for local driver locations.
- Use correct shipment to fix tracks in system.
- Take calls and assist internal and external customer requests, including tracing and follow up expedite requests.
- Create tracks in system and request authorization for lock out shipments.
- Provide and identify status of tracks in system.
- Respond emails from SCM’s and attend expedite requests.
- Send notifications of late freight.
- Responsible to collect, organize and submit the followings reports on a daily basis: inbound, percentage, outbound, transfer-freight, dispatch end of day reports.
- Coordinate, evaluate, and plan outbound loads for different centers, including coordinate loads and follow-up local pickups in daily basis to check in material and update system.
- Work in transfer-freight report to identify volume, pieces, weight to send to other Protrans centers and be able to make the proper plan to move material according to due dates.
- Responsible to follow up pre-alerts and confirm freight.
- Actively identifies and pursues innovative logistics approaches and makes recommendations based on analysis or information.
- Consistently provides exceptional customer service to multiple customers based upon process analysis.
- Utilizes computer techniques for analysis, simulation or information systems, and documentation.
- Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
- Perform dock checks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working in an warehouse and performing material handling activities.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment.
- Previous experience in a logistics environment is preferred, but not required.