Our company has an immediate need for motivated individuals who are interested in joining our Fraser, MI, team. We provide on-the-job training for all new hires. This opening is for 1ST SHIFT - Monday - Friday, 7am to 3pm. For those who work full 40 hours a week, you can earn up to $14/hour, and from time to time we offer overtime and bonuses. After 90 days we also offer full benefit package.
About The Position
As a Production Team Member you will be trained to operate a machine to produce plastic parts for the automotive industry. You will ensure parts are made per quality standards of the customer (zero defects), on time per the schedule, with lowest cost and with the best safety practices possible.
- Responsible for quality of parts produced, with a goal of ZERO Defects.
- Monitoring material levels in the work area.
- Inspect finished parts per operator instruction sheets and control plans.
- Trim gates and flash, as required.
- Pack parts per instruction sheets and control plans.
- Report any issues to Shift Lead.
- Log necessary information into a logbook.
- Keep work area tidy and organized - Pick up parts from the floor.
- Ensure that all safety standards and procedures are followed.
- Assist in training new team members.
- Perform other tasks, as requested.
- Desire to work in a team-based, lean-manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and write clearly and understand both written and verbal communications.
- Be able to work flexible hours and overtime, as business needs require.
- The physical demands for this position include being able to lift 30 to 35 pounds, must be able bend and stand for long periods of time 8 to 12 hour intervals; working frequently in close proximity to machinery, noise levels are moderate and it is a climate control environment.
- We are pleased to be a second chance employer.